Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Drive Reports

Drive Reports Drive reports and pictures of your Porsche driving adventures

Old August 20th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #1
CatalogGuy

AMG Performance Secret

I saw a new CLS 63 AMG on the road today. What caught my eye was not its striking appearance, but it's bolting onto the freeway and across several lanes, landing forward of me in mine.

What performance. I thought that perhaps AMG has achieved such nimbleness by lightening the load, unburdening the transport of equipment that must have become superfluous: turn signals.

Yes, the car seemed to be completely without turn signals I realized as I continued to watch it maneuver until it disappeared altogether. And why not, every stealthy performance advantage Mercedes can wring from an AMG is obviously savory.

But then as I continued to ponder, I realized that it probably is not a secret: many other cars I see on the road seem to be similarly specified without turn signals.
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Drive Reports