Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 29th, 2002, 01:11 PM   #1
RobynC

TracQuest DE Feb 8th and 9th

I am planning on attending this event.

Have a couple of questions:

1. Anyone going but me? If so, would you care to caravan over? I plan on going Thursday after work.

2. Anyone who has been...recommendations for hotels?

3. Tire pressure. I've seen a lot of info on this around the boards and what needs to be done or do I even need to worry about it?

Thanks,
Robyn
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #2
John Bonfiglio

Re: TracQuest DE Feb 8th and 9th

Robyn,

Ben and I are going also. We have not talked about a caravan but I did plan on going up Thursday evening also. I have booked my room at the TracQuest recomended hotel. I think its a Best Western in Willows. The info is on their website.

John
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:08 PM   #3
John Bonfiglio

Re: TracQuest DE Feb 8th and 9th

Robyn -

I just pulled up the info for the Best Western - Willows (see attached)

Event headquarters for this event will be at the Best Western Golden Pheasant Lodge in Willows, CA, just 7 miles from the track. To make a reservation, call (530) 934-3145. You MUST tell them you want a room in the TracQuest block in order to get the discounted group rate. Depending on what kind of room you reserve, the rate will be $55-$65.

http://www.travelweb.com/booker/AppL...d=BW&pid=05199
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:15 PM   #4
Boxster Ben

Best Western it is!!!

Yep, pardners...I'm at the Best Western too...I'm in for cruising up Thursday although I may only work a half-day and get up a little earlier...I haven't decided yet. Should be a blast!! And I'm still procrastinating on my helmet...maybe a trip Friday morning to Bell in Oakland... Ben.
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:21 PM   #5
RobynC

When I leave is flexible...

So if you wish to all ride up...I'm game.

I am heading to Bell sometime this week myself.

Robyn

Thanks for the rec on the hotel..I must have completely missed in on the Tracquest website.
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:45 PM   #6
John Bonfiglio

Re: Best Western it is!!!

Yeah -

No helmet for me yet. I have been wanting to order online but I am not really sure of the size. If I end up going for jury duty tomorrow, I may cruise by Bell myself.
Old January 29th, 2002, 05:06 PM   #7
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

I'll be going also...

As John said, the Best Western is the place to stay (530) 934-4603. If they're full, the Days Inn is also OK (530) 934-4444.

I will probably be leaving earlier in the day to beat the traffic on 680. My cell # is 408-858-5312 in case anybody wants to reach me.

As far as tire pressures go, 32# front, 34# rear is a good starting point. If you are currently running at the Porsche recommended 29/36 I would just put a few more pounds in the front before you take off. You can bleed off air from the rear at the track if necessary.
Old January 29th, 2002, 05:48 PM   #8
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

STOP DOING THAT!

providing tire pressures without stating HOT or COLD. we can assume COLD since you quoted the 29/36 recommended cold pressure.

have fun folks.
Old January 29th, 2002, 07:31 PM   #9
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Sorry Doug!

Yes, I meant cold pressures. You definitely want to check the pressure right after you come off the track. Your pressures will probably go up by about 6 pounds after driving hard, putting you somewhere around 38/40. You probably want to bleed off some pressure if they get above 40. You'll also want to check how much the tires are rolling over on their shoulders. If the sidewalls are soft, and the tires roll over too much, you'll need more pressure.

I could go on, but that's enough rambling for now.
Old January 29th, 2002, 10:44 PM   #10
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

For those going... I've got a Longacre tire

pyrometer that you can borrow if you like.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.