Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 1st, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

Brake bleed sequence?

Well, since I have the whole rotor/brake complex removed I figure now is a good time to do a fluid change. Ordered a Powerbleeder and some ATE Blue. Is there a specific bleed sequence I must follow. Thanks in advance
Old May 1st, 2002, 03:45 PM   #2
Chatter Box

Brake Bleed Instructions...

1. Call Nearest Porsche Dealer.
2. Make appointment to have brakes bled.
3. Drop car off morning of appointment.
4. Pick up car later that day.
5. Enjoy freshly bled brakes.
Old May 1st, 2002, 03:55 PM   #3
Tool Pants

Re: Brake bleed sequence?

Rear right/rear left/front right/front left, some say you do the outside nipple first then the inside but this is not specified in the shop manual. This is how we did it to Norm's car on Sunday.

What do you think is wrong with your brakes?

Jeff
Old May 1st, 2002, 03:58 PM   #4

Re: Brake Bleed Instructions...

Ha HA, Right after I put my skirt on! I thought this car being a porsche would make it difficult to work on, but it is one of the simplest cars I have owned...as well as more fun.
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:02 PM   #5

Re: Brake bleed sequence?

At Laguna Seca a couple weeks ago I was experiencing modest fade towards the end of the second day. Given my car is 2 years old, 7 track days and more to come soon, changing the fluid would be more than prudent. I wish I could have made it Sun. and you could have showed me the details.
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:28 PM   #6
Chatter Box

I'm no mechanic at all. I can barely put gas in the thing. And I'm not kidding. When I first got the car, I looked around for about 15 minutes trying to find the lever that pops open the gas lid. I finally just figured I might as well try pushing on it. Wuhoo! It worked.

I have replaced the gear shift lever and installed an aftermarket filter and that's about it. But I did read once that the brakes on the Boxster were made to easily facilitate bleeding them. Still, I'm sure that's a bit beyond my abilities.
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:43 PM   #7

You dont give yourself enough credit, if you can access the engine compartment, I guarantee that you could change the rotors or brake pads and bleed the brakes...all you need is some tools and some simple instructions. With Jeff's help, hell, we could probably have you doing an engine swap in no time. I have done very little mechanically to cars in the previous 10 years, but I am having so much fun tinkering with this one, it is becoming a passion. I really enjoy working on it, kind of like a kid with a new toy!
Old May 1st, 2002, 05:04 PM   #8
Chatter Box

I'm definitely showing up for Engine Swap Day! *NM*

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:13 PM   #9
Tool Pants

Hey Scott B - are these yours? *NM*

wisdom teeth on ebay
Old May 1st, 2002, 05:24 PM   #10
Chatter Box

hehe. I'll have to ask my oral surgeon. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman