Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #1
redline

Rear brake dust/tire dust

Just got new yokohama avs sport on the rear. I've noticed the rear bumper has a lot of dust on it after driving for 30 min. or so. Not sure if it's brake dust or tire dust. Seems odd that the rear has more brake dust than the front.

Do you have the same problem with the rear bumper covered with dust? I find myself having to wipe the rear with a microfiber cloth pretty frequently.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

The rear bumper on my car is *always* covered in road dust. It's just one of the issues I need to deal with prior to putting the car cover on. In the winter it gets a lot of road spray and grime on it as well. If the road grime stays on too long it pretty much bonds to the paint and the only way to get it off is with a clay bar.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman