Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 18th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Dubster

Disabling Rear Speed Activated Spoiler ? (and dash speaker question too)

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if there is any way of disabling the rear spoiler, apart from pulling out the fuse ?

My Box came with an aftermarket rear spoiler, looks like the aero kit one, but has been fitted to the standard rear lid.
I'm happy enough with it, but the speed spoiler has been disabled by removing the fuse, which means I can't operate the rear trunk via the remote, as that works off the same fuse.

Any ideas ?

Oh, and as an aside - are there any speakers I can buy that will be a straight swap-in/out for the 4inch speakers in the dash ??

Hope y'all can help !

Thanks a load.

Scotty
Dubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

You can probably just unplug the spoiler motor. I believe access is from the inside of the trunk. Doing this will mean that the spoiler light will stay on so you'll also need to remove the bulb from the instrument cluster.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #3
boxs2000

I have the factory aero kit with the wing and there is a fuse for the electric wing(does not work). My rear trunk switch works on my remote. I can check to see if my motor is plugged in if someone tells me where and how to check it. As far as my spoiler light, I dont have one, where would it be if I did have one?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:50 AM   #4
Dubster

When the aero kit is fitted at the factory they disable the spoiler wing "properly" so I am told.

I will go see if I can unplug the motor, thanks guys.
Old April 19th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #5
Loren

There are three different methods depending on your model year - and a TSB describing the procedure for each.
There is a method for MY97 to MY00, a second method for MY01 and a third method for MY02 and newer.
What year is your car? and is it US/Canada or RoW?
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Dubster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
There are three different methods depending on your model year - and a TSB describing the procedure for each.
There is a method for MY97 to MY00, a second method for MY01 and a third method for MY02 and newer.
What year is your car? and is it US/Canada or RoW?
Hi there - its a 98, 2.5. UK car.

Cheers.
Old April 21st, 2005, 07:30 AM   #7
Loren

On a MY98 car it not quite as sophisticated as the later models.
You will need to disconnect the spoiler motor (as Tom previously suggested) and you will need to open the instrument cluster and remove the spoiler warning light bulb. That is the "official" fix from the Aerokit TSB.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #8
Dubster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
On a MY98 car it not quite as sophisticated as the later models.
You will need to disconnect the spoiler motor (as Tom previously suggested) and you will need to open the instrument cluster and remove the spoiler warning light bulb. That is the "official" fix from the Aerokit TSB.

Cheers matey. Any ideas where I find out how to disconnect the spoiler motor ? Im sure its straight forward enough, but Id rather be armed with some technical info if I can help it.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.