Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 18th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #1
dmpower

Looking to buy

Forgive me if I'm not supposed to ask this -- this is my first time on the site -- but I'm looking to buy a Boxster to replace the 1997 beauty that was recently totalled by a red-light runner in the East Bay. Hope to have a new one early next year. For cost reasons, I prefer something in the 1997-2000 range. Thanks for any help in spreading the word.
dmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:36 AM   #2
2euro

Looking for a boxster too

I'm also in the market for a boxster. My dilema is that i'm not sure whether to go with an S or base.

So far i'm leaning towards base because of price difference. I heard to atleast go for the 2.7 if going to non S.

Any suggestions fellow babblers? Also can you point out good dealers!

2euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

Most of the dealers in the Bay Area are listed in the Recommendations section. The link can be found at the top of the page.

As fas as base vs. S goes it's a debate that has persisted for quite some time. There usually isn't that great a difference in price on the used market so, at least in my case, I'd suggest looking for the S model. It really does come down to personal preference as well as what the car will be used for.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.