Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 13th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #1
oldskuracer

Goodbye from the Old Sku

Hey guys,

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I sold my Porsche. The bad news is that I sold me Porsche.

I'd like to thank everyone of you for all of your help. Tom and Bob have helped me with numerous questions these past few years. Other members have given me good advice, feedback, support, and just a good time.

I was looking forward to going on the Thanksgiving drive if I didn't sell my Boxster, but I guess I've sold my Boxster. Honestly, this car has been the funnest car I've ever owned. If I was in another situation, I probably would have kept my Boxster forever. Maybe one day you'll see me in a 2010 Boxster!

During the past few years, I've frequently visited Babblers almost everyday just to see what's going on and I never thought I'd be so sad to leave you guys. Maybe I won't leave you guys and I'll still see what's going on even without a Boxster. You guys will let me stay in the club won't you?

-OldSkuRacer

oldskuracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #2
dougster01

Bon Voyage

I guess selling a Porsche doesn't conform to the Boat Purchase rule - "The happiest day of owning a boat is the day you buy it, and the day you sell it".

Best wishes. The 2010 Boxster will be out in 1 yr and 10 months. Look forward to seeing what color you choose....

Days gone by...
72 Triumph TR-6
73 Triumph TR-6
85 Pinnafarina Spyder
86 Audi Quattro 4000 CS
88 Porsche 944
00 Mazda Miata MX-5

dougster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #3
oldskuracer

Thanks! I bet the 2010 Boxster will be blue.
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #4
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Congrats and condolences Was there anything is the bill of sale requiring the new owner to post on Babblers? Are they local? Cause it ain't like there are a lot of Turquise Blue Boxsters runnin' around. Best of luck and we'll see you at See The World V in 2010 in your new Blue Boxster! (Which we all agree is the best color for a Boxster)
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #5
oldskuracer

Babblers

Actually, I told him about this forum. He seemed to have a lot of questions, so I'll refer him to here.

Everyone will get to see the Blue Turquoise Boxster cruise the streets because the new owner is local. We're about the same age and he even has the same name as me!

I just realized that I left something in the car, so I'll get to see it one more time this week.

By 2010, do you think the Boxster will have nearly 300HP AND get over 30 miles per gallon? Wouldn't that be the perfect car?
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Westcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskuracer View Post
By 2010, do you think the Boxster will have nearly 300HP AND get over 30 miles per gallon? Wouldn't that be the perfect car?
I am counting on it! (and saving for it! )
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Tomy996

I lost my bet

I REALLY didn't think you would go through with it. You'll be back. In one form of Porsche or another. That's the problem- ya' just can't be without one for long!
Tomy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #8
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskuracer View Post
Actually, I told him about this forum. He seemed to have a lot of questions, so I'll refer him to here.

Everyone will get to see the Blue Turquoise Boxster cruise the streets because the new owner is local. We're about the same age and he even has the same name as me!

I just realized that I left something in the car, so I'll get to see it one more time this week.
BTW, he should join us on Sat. 24th to meet us all. What better way to break himself into his new car.
I really want to see this Blue Turquoise color. I am bummed. When you see the owner one more time this week, tell him we can send a Evite for Voxster's drive.. Just need his email.

oldskuracer, good luck in your plans.
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #9
dedes

Arrow Thanks oldskuracer

for the email address of the new owner of your car.

I invited the new owner Richard to Voxster's drive on Sat. 24th.
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #10
mikes_box

Unhappy

hi old sku, did you gt yours asking price...might be selling my baby soon and was wondering how the market was...
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman