Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old February 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1
offshore

Advice On Racing Suits

I told myself I'd only track once to see how the car handled at high speed...do I need to say more. I'm looking at racing suits and need opinions about a one or two piece suit. Which do you prefer and why?
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #2
clemsonc

But you don't need a race suit to attend the driving school/track event. I have been doing driving school for two years now without a race suit. ...try a few track events first.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...c291d27b_m.jpg
Clemson's Boxster Blog

StreetBox (1999 Boxster 2.5L, Bilstein Sport, H&R Springs, Hardtop, SPORTECH Muffler)
SpecBox (1997 Boxster 2.5L)
clemsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #3
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonc View Post
But you don't need a race suit to attend the driving school/track event. I have been doing driving school for two years now without a race suit. ...try a few track events first.
I've done the one event last year at Infineon and plan on three DE events this year. Unless I read the R&R's wrong I thought it said you had to have a suit after the second event so I thought I'd just go ahead and get one. If that is not correct then my cotton clothes will do.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing