Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 2nd, 2015, 02:35 PM   #1
outatime

New Boxster owner

Thanks for a great forum. Just bought a 2001 Black Boxster S, 31,000 miles and loving it. Not a DYI'er but had a local indie check the car before I bought it. Garage for the winter. IMS and RMS & clutch fixed by previous owner. Any tips for a newbie are certainly welcomed and appreciated!
outatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 06:17 PM   #2
CatalogGuy

Congrats on the car! Sure seems like low mileage :-)
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Fountaindale

Tire and Wheel Question... which thread?

I just purchased a 2010 Boxster Spyder and I'm havin' a great time with my new baby!

I want to use the car for some non-freeway, back road exploring with my wife. I've already bent a rim after being forced into a pothole here in Virginia. Does it make sense to purchase a set of a less expensive 18" wheels and Michelin touring tires to increase ride comfort and wheel/tire durability for these rural excursions? I currently have 19" Porsche Turbo II's w/performance Michelins.

Thanks for any advice. Is there a different thread I should be browsing for this question?
Fountaindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 12:27 PM   #4
mikefocke

Wheels can be repaired. There used to be a shop up near BWI I used.

Ye Olde Wheel Shop
6363 Washington Blvd.
Elkridge, MD 21075

(800) 526-8260, (410) 796-8400

They used to have lots of the wheels from the Bullets/Wizards players cars, the $2k per wheel types.

Are smaller wheels less susceptible to road hazard issues? Yes. Worth the investment? Your call.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman