Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #1
buckers

sony cd changer help

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say hi as a newbie and look forward to getting involved in this forum. I have just purchased my first boxster 2.5 1999 and apart from loving every minute i spend in it am looking for things to add / upgrade. I today purchased off Ebay a Sony CDX-656 CD changer (10 disc) to work with the factory becker CDR-22 head unit. The cabling from the back of the stereo to the CD changer was already in place. The changer powers up but after reading theinstructions all I require to do is press the "s" button and I should find the CD changer. No luck with this though. I have removed the stereo and checked the cabling to the rear and theCD changer cable is present in the "C2 slot" with a green plug as per other forum notes. Can anybody tell me how I can get this working?? www.add a changer.co.uk sell the cable and CD changer and say on thrie site it shoud just plug in and work. Read somewhere else the Becker headunit needs a firmware upgrade.

Anybody heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp???

Ian
buckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #2
baxter

not that we're not glad to have you here, Ian, but I would post a question like yours over at renntech.org. they are much more technical in focus....
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #3
Dr. Zoom

If you've put disks in the cartridge and installed it and lso cycled through all the options by using the S button then it might be a bad cable.

I'd also suggest you check the Becker Board but it seems to be down at the moment.
Dr. Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Loren

Your question was answered over on RennnTech.org.
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

For those interested, here's the direct link to that thread at renntech.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=15301
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman