Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 20th, 2001, 11:50 AM   #1
Paul S.

Slightly Rough Idle?

I've notice for about 2 weeks now that intermittently, my MY01 2.7 seems to have a bit of a rough idle when stopped at a red light. I don't have the A/C on when it happens. It isn't bad, but the best way I can describe it is that before I had the rough idle, I couldn't even tell that the engine was running while now, there is a very low but perceptible vibration in the car and the Tach seems to vacillate between 750 and 900 rpm or so. Anyone else experience this and/or have any ideas as to whether I should be concerned? Thanks in advance.
Old July 20th, 2001, 12:43 PM   #2
DCT (LB/NBL/BK '01 S)

I have the same problem...

I've had the same problem for the past several weeks though I don't have the vacillating idle problem. My car has just developed a rough idle. For now, I've just added it to my list of warrantee issues to have handled eventually...

Should I have this taken care of immediately?

darin
Old July 20th, 2001, 06:14 PM   #3
Bruce (01/SLG/Bk/Bk)

Probably an Oxygen sensor *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman