Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 30th, 2005, 11:23 PM   #1
jjflash

Boxster option codes??

Hi,

I'm seriously shopping for a Boxster or maybe several Boxsters. I have a automotive salesperson's license and moonlight for a used-car dealership by attending auctions to check out possible inventory. I'm interested in buying a Boxster for myself (and possibly others if I can drum up interest. Surprisingly enough there are NOT a lot of great bargains at the auctions.)

It would really be helpful if I had a *complete* list of options available throughout the years, preferably with the original dealer price for them. I've been searching various Internet forums and have come up quite a few options codes, but not nearly enough to make sense of the all the stickers I have to "read" when checking these cars. Yesterday, for example, I previewed over 40 Boxsters and trying to locate all the option codes from my various lists was a hassle.

Some kind of searchable computer database would be great. Or a Porsche dealer's list for each year? I know these things are in flux all the time and it's hard to get something complete and definitive, but any and all leads are appreciated. I have read through the excellent FAQ on this site and there are a lot of codes there as well as a link to a "build sheet" at Niello Porsche. The FAQ codes seem to partially cover the earlier cars and Niello site seems to be only for the current model year. If there's nothing available, I'd be interested in developing something, or at least organizing what we have from various sources.

TIA for any help.
stp@pobox.com
jjflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Don't know if you've tried it or not but one of the better lists is the Boxster Options Matrix (though it seems to be down at the moment). Another is the Porsche Option Decoder - however it's not specific to Boxsters.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM   #3
boxs2000

Try this web site, just plug in the option numbers and it will translate it for you.
http://www.kindel.com/Porsche/options.asp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman