Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1
shahab

IMS Replacement

With the various threads here talking about IMS, I am starting to think about getting this done some time this year. What type of $ should I be budgeting to get this work done?

-Shahab
shahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #2
baxter

if memory serves, the part is around $650 to $700 and the labor is about the same, so roughly in the $1500 neighborhood.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #3
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahab View Post
With the various threads here talking about IMS, I am starting to think about getting this done some time this year. What type of $ should I be budgeting to get this work done?

-Shahab
Shahab consider doing a clutch replacement, if you have a stick, at the same time and checking the RMS for possible replacement. For all three of those you'll need around $3K for parts and labor depending on the shop you take it to. If you do the work yourself deduct the labor. You might contact Flintworks, in Campbell, an indy shop that advertises on this site, and talk to Alden about the cost.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #4
shahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Shahab consider doing a clutch replacement, if you have a stick, at the same time and checking the RMS for possible replacement. For all three of those you'll need around $3K for parts and labor depending on the shop you take it to. If you do the work yourself deduct the labor. You might contact Flintworks, in Campbell, an indy shop that advertises on this site, and talk to Alden about the cost.
It is a stick and I had the clutch plates replaced 20k miles back. At that time the pressure plate was not replaced. I will definitely be looking to see if the clutch needs to be looked at again. Had not considered the RMS. What is that? I will look at Flintworks for sure.
shahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #5
offshore

Quote:
It is a stick and I had the clutch plates replaced 20k miles back. At that time the pressure plate was not replaced. I will definitely be looking to see if the clutch needs to be looked at again. Had not considered the RMS. What is that? I will look at Flintworks for sure.
Rear Main Seal.
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #6
james

Quote:

-Shahab
Talk with Alden at Flintworks. He did a great job installing mine. Good time to do the clutch and RMS.

I feel this is the best upgrade I could have done. Not for the performance but for the peace of mind it have given me.

Regards,

james
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #7
mikefocke

Depends on stick or TIP.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman