Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 18th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Mdreiver

Where has everyone gone?

Only 2 Boxster related threads since the new site opened on Monday. I know it took a while for people to get signed up and look over the new board, but someone's gotta have something to say right?
Old December 18th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #2
Docdanracy

Thumbs up where is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb ole Donkey
Only 2 Boxster related threads since the new site opened on Monday. I know it took a while for people to get signed up and look over the new board, but someone's gotta have something to say right?
You're right Scott? How is the new car? Still waiting patiently for some pics! HAHA. I am installing H&R springs on my car next week and also getting a more aggressive alignment. How much negative did you get with the pss9s?
I am hoping to get about 1.5 neg in front and 2-2.5 neg in the rear. We sill have to wait and see how it goes. Then I will finally mount up my Dunlop "R" tires and run in improved next season.
You have seen the website that you can now run 245s on the front haven't you?
Dan
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #3
Mdreiver

I got -1.8 in front and had a hard time keeping the rear down to -2.8. Once I get to track it or ax it, I might find that I need to raise it a bit more in order decrease the rear camber. It's a balancing act between roll axis height and camber and I might actually be cornering with negative camber where the opposite is normally true. We'll see soon enough.

Yeah, I saw the update but actually, the N class allowed 245's already. It's just hard to find a good 18" r compound in 245. I think the MPSC's will eventually make a 235 since that's the size OEM of the GT3. Hoosier makes some (245) now, but I don't have a trailer. I might buy a set of 17"s and run 245/275 Kumhos. We'll see.
Old December 18th, 2003, 09:08 PM   #4
Paul in SF

Where is everyone?

Thanks to this new format, I'm on PPBB.
Paul in SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #5
Mdreiver

Ahhh. It's the people, Paul. It's the people.
Old December 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #6
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Still getting my feet wet..

Quote:
Ahhh. It's the people, Paul. It's the people.
Not quite sure how to use this new fangled thing
BoxsterBob - San Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:23 PM   #7
Mdreiver

I hope it doesn't run too many people off. This format is exactly why I could never get into rennlist. I hate that board. So far, this babbler edition seems more user friendly than rennlist but less user friendly than ppbb.

In my opinion,

Pros:
Signatures
Profiles
private messaging and discrete emails
member lists (we lost that on the old site)
organization
appearance

Cons:
Can't see global view (no way to override)
Low traffic site became lower because it became less conducive to quick glances
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #8
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Can't see global view (no way to override)
Low traffic site became lower because it became less conducive to quick glances
Not sure what you mean by the first point - unless it's that you can't see ALL of the posts.

As far as the 2nd point goes the 'current' threads are on the front page (at least the top 'n' are ) and may be accessed by clicking directly on the post or by clicking on one of the "New Posts" links. The latter will bring up a complete list of all threads with new posts in them.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:50 PM   #9
Mdreiver

Yeah, that's what I meant. The old site allowed us to see all threads and all posts under all those threads with one quick page load. Bam, it was all there. Now, we can tell that a particular board has a new reply to a particular post. But note that you can't see the subject line for that reply from the top view without going into the board and clicking on the parent thread or just blindly clicking on the "last post in thread button". I just found that one. My personal preference is to be able to load one page and just by glancing, read all the subj lines to see if anything grabs my interest. Then, on reloads, just look for a big NEW throughout the day, while still being able to read subject lines without navigating down into a thread.

I did list quite a few pros to only 2 cons though. Overall, I think the site is nice. But I hope that traffic picks up after people get their feet wet.
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:59 PM   #10
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
I did list quite a few pros to only 2 cons though. Overall, I think the site is nice. But I hope that traffic picks up after people get their feet wet.
I do appreciate the feedback.

What mode are you using to view posts? Linear? Hybrid? Threaded?

I find that Hybrid is actually the best combination as it allows navigation within the thread while still showing 10 posts.

I'm also considering a fully exploded modification that would show threads in an expanded state - though that would come after the full release is done (it's a Gamma release now) and after I learn the system a little more. And heck, by then everyone will be use to it the way it is now

As far as traffic goes, that's not the problem. Just take a look at the view counts. The problem is we have a bunch of wall flowers . We've got nearly 60 registered users and only a handful of them are actually posting anything.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.