Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #1
boxs2000

Alternator replacement

ALternator replacement. Has anyone here done a dyi on how to replace the alternator Thanks in advance

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

It's covered pretty well in the Porsche Boxster Service Manual by Bentley Publishers. If you don't already own a copy it's pretty handy to have if you do your own maintenance. For only $63 it's a pretty good investment. Plus, there's a direct link to buy one via Amazon on the Sponsors page
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #3
boxs2000

Heres an update folks.I did buy the Bentley manual and it is a great source on info. But, tool pants from rentech provided me with link from their forum that really saved me the big bucks! I was able to basically replace my voltage regulator (that porsche does not provide you part numbers for because they want you to spend at least 3 to 400 bucks (dealer price about 900) to buy a new alternator that you can fix for about 50 to 60 bucks) I hope someelse can benefit from this info:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...iew=getnewpost

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #4
saltflats

Having learned the hard way [the Porsche Dealer charged me the 900.00 with a strqaight face] I agree with you that the savings is great in doing some of the repairs. Being able to share info on these sites is great. Glad you were able to get it done without loosing money and "face".
saltflats
saltflats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #5
maxodus

Thumbs up on sharing this info - mine just died and i'm so glad i can save that money for other useful stuffz such as donating to charity!
maxodus is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.