Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 31st, 2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Blubox03

Loose change anyone?

I have a problem. Today I dumped about $100.00 in change under my passenger seat of my boxster. I got most of it out, but, about $20.00 is still under my seat rolling around and I can't get to it. The change went down the 4 small vents under the seat. I shop vac'ed out about 3 bucks but every turn I take, I hear the change rattling around and it is driving me crazy!! Any thoughts of how to get the rest out? Please hold all jokes for now, cause I'm really pissed at myself. If anyone has an answer, all the change is yours!!
Blubox03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM   #2
hloo10

Something to try first is move the seat all the way forward. Tilt the seat back forward and have someone with small hands reach underneath from behind. Feel for an opening in the carpet. That's probably where the rest of the change is, rattling against the metal. It's also a great place to put extra stereo gear. Let some kid keep the change and you'll probably have all kinds of help.

If that doesn't help then you'll probably need to remove the seat. 4 bolts, which I can't remember the size (big Torx). If you are going to remove the seat, disconnect the battery first. I recall reading something about triggering an airbag light once you disconnect the cable under the seat if the battery is connected. You probably won't even need to remove it. Just tilt it up.
hloo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

Here's what I did when I installed my six-point harness and needed to get room by moving the seats. If you don't remove them all the way there's no need to disconnect anything.
The first task consists of removal of the seat bolts. These require an E12 Torx socket to remove them. However, a 3/8" 6-point normal socket can also be used to remove the bolts. Just make sure that the socket is well seated in order to avoid rounding the head of the bolt. We torqued the bolts to 46 lb/ft when reinstalling the seat.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM   #4
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubox03 View Post
I have a problem. Today I dumped about $100.00 in change under my passenger seat of my boxster. I got most of it out, but, about $20.00 is still under my seat rolling around and I can't get to it. The change went down the 4 small vents under the seat. I shop vac'ed out about 3 bucks but every turn I take, I hear the change rattling around and it is driving me crazy!! Any thoughts of how to get the rest out? Please hold all jokes for now, cause I'm really pissed at myself. If anyone has an answer, all the change is yours!!
I'll hold off the jokes, but sorry... I can't resist a smile.

Recenty, I was changing CDs while parked and put one of them on my thigh. Sure enough it slipped to the side and went between the seat and the console, and I couldn't get to it.

Later in the day, I hit the brakes a little aggressively and it came out and was there for easy picking by my feet.

My advice is to have a little fun driving... and at least get all the loose change out from the seat that way.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Blubox03

Bring on the jokes!!

I got the change!!! I had to remove the seat (did not unplug anything on the seat, I was able to rest it on its side out the passenger door). What I did was put a shop vac down the 4 round holes under the carpet and suck the change while a friend pounded from the bottom and rattled the change around and into the shop vac - boy that sounded really sexual . There was also a lot of change under the carpet that I just had to grab with my fingers. The whole thing took about 2 hours. OK, ya all can let the jokes fly!

BTW $17.69 worth of change under the seat.
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #6
jon_2866

Glad to hear you fixed it ... because I've been holding this in for a while ... between the guy who's Boxster smells rich and your Boxster that sounds rich, we're getting all the senses covered!
jon_2866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Blubox03

Good one jon 2866!
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #8
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubox03 View Post
, ya all can let the jokes fly!

BTW $17.69 worth of change under the seat.
Better hold on to all of that change because if Obama is elected thats all you're going have left after his changes. Well, you'll still have hope.
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #9
baxter

good to see you again, river. thought you had dropped off the face of the earth (or at least the "civilized" part). welcome back.
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #10
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter View Post
good to see you again, river. thought you had dropped off the face of the earth (or at least the "civilized" part). welcome back.

Thanks, B. Been a rough start to the year but hopefully clear sailing from now on.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman