Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 23rd, 2003, 04:40 PM   #1
Anthony

Brake Caliper Painting

Hey everyone!

A quick question. I went over to pep boys last night and purchased some brake caliper spray paint (actually its engine paint but I was told its the same thing) and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips? Is it ok to paint everything on the caliper or do I have to mask off anything critical? Any suggestions would be helpful before I just dive right in and go for it.

Thanks
Old July 24th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #2
BoxsterBob (in San Carlos, Ca)

Re: Brake Caliper Painting

Anthony,

This guy used a brush, but the process should be the same. I like the way he masked the PORSCHE lettering, so you don't have to buy new decals. I would be afraid they would peel off.

Bob

Painting Calipers Page
Old July 24th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #3
Anthony

Thanks Bob *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman