Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Crashcup

No Sound On Bose Radio Until Car Restarted

Hi:

When I turned on the Bose radio today in my 03 Boxster S, it came on (The LED messages were working fine and it permitted me to feed it CDs) but the radio and CD player were silent. The problem disappeared and the radio blared as usual when I turned off the ignition and then turned it on again. (Yes, I checked the volume knob and the mute button--several times.)

Has this happened to anyone else? What could cause this?

Bill
Crashcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

When this sort of random stuff happens the first thing to try is removing the faceplate and cleaning the contacts. After cleaning reinstall it and see if the problem stays gone. If it comes back then it's pretty much a trip to the dealer.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Loren

That is a known problem. If you have PCM2 then they can likely do a software update and cure the problem. Otherwise, the TSB says the amp will need to be repalced.
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:57 AM   #4
larrykirkwood74

My 987s is 3 weeks old. Several times now, i have got into my car, started it, and the bose system plays, but nothing comes up on the LED for a good 5 minutes. I can change stations with the preset buttons, but the led is just dead, then all of a sudden it comes on. Any suggestions?
larrykirkwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Crashcup

Thanks Loren!
Old February 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #6
Crashcup

I'll try that. Thanks Tom. Bill
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #7
usmcrec

I've also had that problem a few times now, I found out that it was the alarm system. Strange i know but turn off the car, turn the alarm on(with you inside,dont move) and then turn off the alarm and try to see if it works. I works that way on mine.... I took me a long time to figure it out.
usmcrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #8
Crashcup

Thanks USMC. I'm guess it has something to do with the keybob, too. The radio didn't respond after I tried pressing the button several times to open the rear deck. I'm thinking you can program the alarm with the key bob.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.