Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #31
bapcha

My usual quip is either "but there is NO substitute" - or the Hawaiian Hang-loose sign accompanied by "there is no substitute" - usually when someone preaches BMW to me.

Bapcha
bapcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #32
Mdreiver

Analogies...

* [guy without boat] So, your yacht's only 42'?
* [guy in apartment] So, your backyard's kinda small
* [guy with 35" tube] So, you only get N HD channels?
* [fat guy] You need to put on some weight.

It's all the same.
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #33

gimme a break...that's exactly what it is. not only that, but they price it high enough to annoy you but low enough to make it accessible.

i have no problem with this, but apparently some people here do...i really want a base Cayman (i'll even take the 5-speed -- as low of an entry point as possible) but even then think i'll wait until i can get a used one.
962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #34
z-man

Some of these comments come from car magazines as well. The only encounter I had was a dude with a chick on the parking lot. I started my car and of course that awesome engine sound came to life. As I was pulling a way I noticed she was starring at me, and the guy made a comment " o this is a chick car", I kept quiet as her eyes said it all.....
z-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #35
dedes

Good that you didn't say anything........................enjoy the Boxster for what its for ...........................a great roadster, driving those awesome curves on the road. Have a good one.
Old November 11th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #36
baxter

It doesn't make me a bad person.
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #37
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes
Now, to address the issue of these people that are negative, well some folks just can't be happy no matter what and always have to complain about something.[/U][/B]
I am reminded of a story Jim Palmer liked to tell about his manager of the Balitmore Orioles, Earl Weaver. As some of you may remember he was pretty hot tempered. Evidently he could be rather negative, as well. Palmer used to say that Earl was not happy unless he was not happy.
Old November 12th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #38
ChrisZang

I love this thread :-)

After I bought my Boxster a friend of mine gave me lots of sh** about not buying a "real" Porsche but only a "girls car".
My response was: "So exactly which Porsche are you driving?". That shut him up for good ;-)
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #39
RobynC

What the heck is a "girls car" anyway?

RobynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #40
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynC
What the heck is a "girls car" anyway?

Well, if that little red beauty in your sig is a 'girls car' then I want one for Christmas.

However, off the top of my head I would say a new VW Beetle with the flower on the dash is a 'girls car'.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman