Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old September 5th, 2020, 10:09 AM   #1
spemato

Front subframe removal 986

What do I need to disconnect to drop the front subframe, I need access to replace rusted brake lines.
I have loosened the x6 subframe bolts but am guessing I need to separate the steering shaft from rack at least before dropping, do I need to undo strut top mounts?
Any help appreciated
Thanks Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spemato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2020, 09:24 PM   #2
supercalifraj

I think we do have same issus with subframe. Anyone here can help us? Thanks anyways.

https://abupholsteryshop.com
supercalifraj is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical