Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #1
Roger Hanson

Boxster S ClearBra installed

Just to drop a note. I am the new owner of a Boxster S, Silver with Ebony interior. I recently had the pleasure to have a clearbra (Some call it Xpel or Stongard, etc.) installed by Clear Solutions in Campbell, CA. They put on a bumper piece, hood and fenders, mirrors and protection for behind the wheels. Also had the light protection installed. The reason that I HAD to have this installed was simple. I was the prior owner of a 944S. The front end looked like it was assaulted by a sand blaster after about 2 years of freeway driving. I had the bumper painted several times, at a high cost, just to keep the car looking good. I heard about this from several forums and met the owner of Clear Solutions, Bill, at the local dealership. He had just taken delivery of a new Audi A4, a week prior and was there, coincidentally, to look at one of his customers Boxsters that had just arrived. The customer of Bill's was getting his THIRD ClearBra kit installed. So he enthusiastically endorsed the product. The kit was hard to see and the installation looked fantastic on Bill's new A4. I have to admit, I was simply going to buy a black bra from the dealer, or from another online vendor, but I was interested to hear that I would not have to pull the bra off every time it rains or when I wash it. I picked the car up Monday from the dealer and took it straight to Clear Solutions.
I picked the Boxster up yesterday and WOW! it looks great. Cannot hardly see it. Installation was beautiful. I highly recommend Clear Solutions and their service.
Their phone number is 408-559-3301. You can ask for Bill or his manager, but I forgot the manager's name.

Love this website BTW!!
Old April 24th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #2
RobynC

Welcome...and Congrats!

That is terrific feedback, thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We have a recommendations section, this would make a great addition to that if you have time.

Also...is ebony something you custom ordered?? I'd love to see a picture of how it compares to black.

Thanks,
Robyn
Old April 24th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #3
Allen in Los Gatos

And the co$t please? *NM*

Old April 25th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #4
Allen in Los Gatos

Alrighty then: Answering my own question: $70...

is for the hood and mirrors, I believe this is the basic. The bumpers and some other stuff is $270. Installation for both is $200. Making the grand total $540 plus tax on the kit, I guess.

BTW, this shop just changed owners and is now called Detail Works. Same phone number. I talk to "Rick."

-Allen-
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #5
Allen in Los Gatos

Test

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman