Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 15th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #1
james

New Tires

I need to buy all four tires. 2003 S really no track more daily driver and twistys. I have had contis since new. What would you get Michelin???
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #2
offshore

Been happy with Sumitomo HTR ZIII and recently the Hankook Ventus V12. Doesn't sound like you really need an "N" rated tire but I'm sure that will start some dialog.
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #3
james

Thank you for your insights. I think I am going with the michelins
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Oakster

I got Pilot Super Sport tires earlier this year for my Box S and they are really nice. Hardly any road noise. The ride is smoother on the highway and they grip as well or better than the Bridgestone RE11.
Oakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Jeanne T

I've had the Michelin Pilot Super sports, but I need all 4 new, because of the rating change. I posted asking about the Hankook, since they are less than half price of the Michelin. I have asked out at Fernley raceway, since I have seen several cars with them. They seem to get good reviews...
Jeanne T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2020, 09:12 AM   #6
lizbee

Thank you for this response! -Moses
lizbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman