Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 29th, 2001, 09:56 AM   #1
Randy San Jose (01 M/CB/BK S Tip)

Tiptronic Hack?

Has anyone investigated whether it is possible to program the Tiptronic to start in first gear, as it does when the engine is cold? (Mine starts in first gear for the first acceleration, then reverts to second gear start from that point on, unless manual control.
Old May 29th, 2001, 01:41 PM   #2
Guy in Belmont

Re: start in first gear

How many miles do you have on your Tip? When I first got the Tip, I felt the same way. Now that I've got 6k miles, I actually like the 2nd gear start while in D mode. D mode is for when I want a relaxing quiet drive. It's vroom .vs. VROOOOOOOOOM. I always start in 1st when in M mode, though.
Old May 29th, 2001, 01:51 PM   #3
Randy San Jose (01 M/CB/BK S Tip)

Maybe I should be patient...

I have 4700 miles. My wife's Mercedes has a winter/summer switch, which gives you the option of first or second gear start. My guess is the software is there to do it, if it is able to be switched based on the coolant temp.
Old May 30th, 2001, 10:51 AM   #4
Glen

Re: Tiptronic Hack?

If you put the car in neutral and then back into drive it will (for a short time) go into first gear. It's really sort of odd...if you wait about a second (without moving) it will shift from first to second.
Old May 30th, 2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Guy in Belmont

Re: drive to neutral to drive puts you into first

I hate that! It drove me crazy the first week.
Old September 30th, 2020, 01:18 AM   #6
John Gair

I don’t know about this because I don’t have this car but what is this hack can you please explain. Maybe in future, I will need it with bestessays review please provide the proper method thanks.
John Gair is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman