Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Tom M
Site Founder

I picked up a combustible gas detector and it appears that the leak is where the filler pipe enters the tank. Anybody ever replaced the filler tube? The shop manual makes it sound pretty easy and it looks like there's one on eBay for a good price.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #12
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Never had the pleasure. Please document it and let us know how it goes as I'm sure you won't be the only one to experience this now or down the road.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Tom M
Site Founder

I finally got around to replacing the gasket & washer on the fuel filler neck. The process was fairly easy and I managed to do it w/o taking off any of the lines be removing the one valve clamped to the neck. After getting it replaced and buttoning everything up I took it for a test drive and discovered the problem still exists.

So, for now at least, I'm at a loss as to the actual source of the problem. I've replaced both tank gaskets so that either leaves a small leak in the tank itself, one of the pieces of tubing or one of the valves. Since it's not the end of the world it's going to have to wait to get repaired - probably at the dealer.

Again, the odd thing is that it really only happens when stopping hard and making the fuel int the tank slosh around.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2020, 09:20 AM   #14
lizbee

Love it! thanks for sharing -Gladness
lizbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman