Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 26th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Monster Boxster

"New Exhaust System"

When we did all the "Mods" to my Boxster we used Dansk headers, 100 cell cats and high flow muffler. Because it's a year 2000, installed a 3.4L "E-gas" motor and Evo remapped ECU. Two months ago the Dansk was completely replaced with all "Fabspeed". Torque has increased to the point that even at low speed in second gear half peddle breaks the 285R18/30's loose. Best guess is the exhaust system is supplying needed back pressure. Since 2004 this engine has under 6000 miles but was pulled out last summer to install the IMS gear before it became a problem.
Monster Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Monster Boxster

Smile Exhaust cost!

No one has ask the question, what did the new Fabspeed system cost?
Headers, 200 cell cats, muffler $3,800.00. Performance improvement well worth the cost plus it passes California smog test.
Old September 24th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Monster Boxster

Got an email from Mike his question is about the drivetrain have a o12 pound flywheel TwinTurbo clutch pressure plate and limited slip differential . PSS9 coil over shock, HR sway bars and strip bars, it's a long list of many other modifications.
Old December 7th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #4
Peer

After I got my Dansk, I have an original '98 986 muffler lying around. Anyone who wants it, tell me how much it's worth to you, and it's yours.

-- peer

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman