Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old April 25th, 2016, 12:29 AM   #1
dboy

Central lock trouble

Took the 986 out of its winter rest yesterday.
The central lock is working strange.
-The aftermarket remote controll makes the lights double blink to indicate it unlocks, but it doesn't.
-Neither does it work to unlock with the key in the door lock.
but,
-If I sit in the car it works to lock and unlock with the button on the instrument panel.

Anyone have some ideas? As it is now I can't lock the doors. Anoying!
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 04:17 AM   #2
dboy

Correction, the key work in the passenger door, so probably the fault is in the driver door, and the remote is probably connected somehow to the driver door circuitry.
I guess I need to figure out how to dismantle and check the door mechanism.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical