Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:59 PM   #1
Docdanracy

lost and spaced

need information on size spacers folks are using with 7 & 8.5 x17s or 7.5 & 9 x 18s?
what works and where did you get them?
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Mdreiver

I have some H&R spacers in 7mm and 14mm. The 14mm were too wide for my aftermarket wheels but had a nice hubcentric lip that isn't on the 7mm's. I ended up with some custom made 7mm spacers that have the hubcentric lip so I have lots of spacers that I don't need anymore.

I have 2 sets (f/r) in the 7mm and 1 set (front or rear) in the 14mm. I would part with any of these for much less than retail if you are interested. I'd also be able to let you try them on to see if they work for you. If you have stock wheels with stock Boxster offsets, the 14's are probably the right ones for you.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Docdanracy

spacers

Thanks Scott,
I will keep you in mind. How is the karting going? Are you planning on doing any AXs this season?
Dan
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #4
Mdreiver

Actually, I haven't decided on my AX plans. I'm considering sitting out this season for a few reasons. Karting is going great. I did well in my 2 classes and I'm really looking forward to the race season which starts in April.

I'd like to still AX but issues with juggling tires and wheel sizes leave me wondering what I want to do.

BTW, my 7mm spacers have been driven. However, my 14mm spacers have not. I installed one, mounted a wheel on it, discovered that I didn't have the clearance for it so I took it right back off. My wheels are wider than yours which affects my offset so you wouldn't have that problem.
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #5
The Voxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy View Post
need information on size spacers folks are using with 7 & 8.5 x17s or 7.5 & 9 x 18s?
what works and where did you get them?
What works depends on the offsets of your wheels, as I'm sure you know

For my 18s (on my 986), I run the Porsche OE '05 Boxster S lightweights (987 wheels) with offsets et57 front and et43 rear. I'm using 15mm front and 5 mm rear H&R spacers, and they work just fine, and look really great--nice aggressive stance.

Got mine on special from Wheel Enhancement, but there are lots of sources for cheap H&R's. Just need to make sure you also get the appropriate replacement bolt lengths for your chosen spacer width as well.

Hear The Future
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.