Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #1
jdiba

Opinion REALLY appreciated! Silver with black hardtop ?

I posted this on Renntech too:

I have an 01 Boxster S with manual tranny. Arctic Silver with black soft top. My rear window is caput. I am weighing having a new window sewn in OR purchasing a hardtop. I've seen the silver on silver look. I have never ever seen an arctic silver with a BLACK hardtop. Now is that cuz its a very bad idea ? Or has nobody thought of it ? I'm intrigued by it. I may do some Photoshops
of what it would look like. I'm asking all of you kind Boxster Owner's if: A. has anyone seen such a beast ? B. If you can picture it, how do you think what I'm describing would look ? and C. If ANYONE has one of these (Arctic Silver, Black hardtop), could you post photos of it ? Would be greatly appreciated.
jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

I have seen a silver w/black hard top and for some reason, it doesn't have the same effect as a silver Boxster w/ a black ragtop. Not that it's bad, I just think a hard top looks better when it's the same color as the body. It just looks disjointed. IMHO

Old March 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
wilson1

Does any knows what size tires are on those rims?

Looks liked,it's 50series tires instead of 40 series??

wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #4
vitaminC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1 View Post
Does any knows what size tires are on those rims?

Looks liked,it's 50series tires instead of 40 series??
Yes, the base 17" wheels come with 50 series tires. See for example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item5886bf9e26
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #5
vitaminC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiba View Post

I have an 01 Boxster S with manual tranny. Arctic Silver with black soft top. My rear window is caput. I am weighing having a new window sewn in OR purchasing a hardtop. I've seen the silver on silver look. I have never ever seen an arctic silver with a BLACK hardtop. Now is that cuz its a very bad idea ? Or has nobody thought of it ? I'm intrigued by it. I may do some Photoshops
of what it would look like. I'm asking all of you kind Boxster Owner's if: A. has anyone seen such a beast ? B. If you can picture it, how do you think what I'm describing would look ? and C. If ANYONE has one of these (Arctic Silver, Black hardtop), could you post photos of it ? Would be greatly appreciated.
Seems like I've seen something like that before. It will probably look okay, not great. However, if you went that route and decided you didn't like it, it's much easier to repaint the hardtop than the car!
Old March 27th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #6
offshore

BoxsterBob I've never even considered a hard top for my car until I saw yours. That looks great. As far as a black top on silver it could work (at the risk of sounding like a car decorator) as long as you go with a black and silver combo on other things such as smoke tail, third and side marker lights and black rims with black interior. But then you'll be accused of being a Raiders fan.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #7
mikefocke

The 17 wheels come in P205/50R17 and P255/40R17. The fronts and rears have different width wheels and profiles.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #8
ppbon

Like this?...

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Come visit: www.PedrosGarage.com
ppbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #9
offshore

Pedro paint the center part of those rims black (spokes) and smoke out the tail lights, third light and side marker.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #10
jjflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiba View Post

I saw a picture of just such a beast in my search, but unfortunately didn't save it and can't recall where it was. I thought it looked good though!
stp@pobox.com
jjflash is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.