Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 1st, 2001, 07:49 PM   #1
Tom Dee

Wheel spacers for a lowered S with stock 18" wheels

Hi Everyone!

After lowering my car with H&R coilovers, I'm now noticing that the wheels (F&R) are tucked in behind the fenders about an inch to inch and half. It looks wierd(ugly). Since I can't afford new wheels, does anyone know what size spacers I can get away with, to make the wheels fill out the fenders. Also, what about the lug nuts, will I need new ones.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:14 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

The answer is...

it depends on the offset of the wheel and tire size. Simple way is to look at spacers available (thicknesses) and measure the space available now. Since the wheels will only be moved in one direction, outward, the issue will be clearance between the outsides of the tires and the insides of the fenders.

You will almost certainly need new lug bolts. I can give you a hand with this - I know who you can call for the answer...
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:14 AM   #3
Catalog Guy

I noticed the same thing

The car looks great lowered, but somehow the wheels aren't filling out the space available as much as one might want for appearance. Since I am running factory 18x9's and many others go aftermarket 18x10's, maybe a 1" spacer would do the trick.

Questions coming to mind include: What is the tradeoff? Any loss of stability, handling, balance in the suspension geometry, does it require realignment?

Andrew

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman