Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 18th, 2002, 03:14 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

About Monney's Sub-woofer - do you think...

they've already gotten a phone call from a shop or two in SoCal asking if they can buy them and install them in their customer's cars?

It's great to see more than one company offering credible, quality audio solutions to the Boxster marketplace. We all benefit when there's competition
Old February 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM   #2
Tool Pants

I would like to hear the Monney system

I guess the next time I see Robyn, but not in paris. Do you think I can take out the sub to see what is there. Ed let me do it with his Reus.

Over the past 3 years I have heard them all, including the home brew, HPAS, Bose, and others I do not remember.

Jeff
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:16 PM   #3
Bruce from Fremont

Re: About Monney's Sub-woofer - do you think...

Talk to Leo he is in the Redwood City store and tell him that you are a Babbler he will sell the enclosure it looks and sounds great. I had him up grade my system.

Bruce
Old February 18th, 2002, 06:02 PM   #4
x99shark

what????!!!!!

Dude, If you took out my subwoofer you did it without my knowledge or consent. BTW, while at Reus for a check up we were trying to figure out how the subwoofer got seriously damaged under the speaker grill. I hadn't a clue. FWIW, in an example of exceptional service, Reus replaced it free of charge.
Old February 18th, 2002, 06:05 PM   #5
RobynC

Take out my Sub...hmmmm...

we might need to negotiate that one.

Robyn
Old February 18th, 2002, 06:06 PM   #6
RobynC

*NM*

Old February 18th, 2002, 06:07 PM   #7
RobynC

Bruce what did you put in your Box? *NM*

Old February 19th, 2002, 09:01 AM   #8
Bruce from Fremont

Re:

I lput in sub and upgraded amp I had already changed out front speakers and added rear tweeters. I kept the stock head and changer.

Bruce
Old February 19th, 2002, 09:03 AM   #9
Bruce from Fremont

Re: I would like to hear the Monney system

jeff if you want to see the enclosure I would be glad to go over to the stero shop and he will show you everything. He (leo) has a nice cobra as well

Bruce
Old February 19th, 2002, 09:07 AM   #10
Jason Reiser (NYC)

Illusion Audio ND-8

It looks like they're using Illusion Audio drivers. Illusion once had a website at illusionaudio.com, but it appears to be gone. The company is owned by Peerless.

They may have other 8" drivers, but I know the ND-8 has been around for a while. Mounting depth is an incredible 2.2" since the magnet is mounted to the front of the speaker. Recommended enclosure from the manufacturer is a sealed .4 cubic foot box... so this design is probably quite undersized. But if you can live without the bottom 1.5 octaves, that's not a big deal.

- Jason

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.