Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old October 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #1
RobynC

Thumbs up Babblers Fall Frolic Event Details

This year, I am opting to make this a two night event. However, for those who wish, they can do one or both. It's ala carte. The day time events will be announced over the next few days. I am in need of volunteers who can assist in driving lead from their perspective areas (north and south) and sweepers. This of course, is a casual, relaxing drive event. For those who can only make Saturday and Sunday, they can meet us at the Wusachi on Saturday for the two day event.

Here are the details:

Start your weekend off with a little red meat?
Friday, October 22nd -
Meet for lunch at Harris Ranch, in sunny Coalinga, California. 12 noon
North and South congregate to one meeting location to have a spot of lunch before we depart for our weekend destination of Sequoia National Park at 2 p.m.

Departing from Harris Ranch at 2 p.m., we head east for our destination of Sequoia National Park. Our host hotel is The Wusachi Village and Lodge. Please call for your reservation ASAP at (888) 252-5757.
Room rates are:
Standard: $99
Deluxe: $119
Superior: $149

We should arrive at the Wusachi around 5ish. Dinner plans as of right now I am unsure of, more information to follow.

Saturday, October 23rd, 2004
Leisure morning with plans to have a drive after breakfast with some sort of coordinated activity, fun run, poker run, something like that. I'm still coordinating this effort, so stay tuned for more details. Lunch is on your own with some time to yourselves to explore, or stay with the group. We are in a lovely place, so don't forget your camera!

Group dinner that evening at the Wusachi. Drinks afterwards at the fireplace!

Sunday, October 24th, 2004
After breakfast, we depart the Wusachi for Kings Canyon. Lunch will take place somewhere along this leg of our trip (Most likely in Grant Grove.) And after lunch, we will exit the park and head for home.

I look forward to another successfull Babblers Fall Frolic, see you on the 22nd!! Should you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me by email at c2babe@yahoo.com

RobynC
RobynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #2
RobynC

Alrighty everyone, for those who are making plans to attend, please email me so I can compile a list. We are less than two weeks away!

c2babe@yahoo.com
Old October 13th, 2004, 01:05 PM   #3
RobynC

Thanks to those who have emailed me...I appreciate it and I'll respond to you individually, however, the numbers are not looking very good at all. It's a lot of planning for just a few folks and if there isn't enough interest, I am thinking to canx the event and perhaps do something in a few months. Let me know your thoughts please.
Old October 13th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #4
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

I agree, it seems like a lot of work if only a small number are attending. What about a daytime event? I've seen pictures of the Mt. Hamilton run that look like fun and a lot less planning would be involved.
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

Just a reminder - The intent of the Fall Frolic is that it is a low key overnight event. The purpose is to allow significant others to attend and share the experience along with the scenery. Something many don't do when the drive is a quick "let's cut up the roads" type of event.

Those that have participated in prior events will attest to the slower pace and peaceful nature of the event. The overnight aspect allows for a more relaxed pace and a chance to get to know the other members a little better over breakfast and along the way.

If you haven't been on a prior Fall Frolic, why not? They are a lot of fun and provide quite a few photo opportunities along the way. If you haven't signed up this year I stronly urge you to do so now. Remember, the Babblers is only as strong as its membership. If you don't participate then who will?
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #6
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Whoa, Tom, I wasn't questioning the legitimacy of the Frolic, I already sent an email to Robyn telling her I'm interested. I was just thinking out loud that if there isn't enough interest in 2 day event, perhaps there might be interest in a less formal event. I realize people are busy.

I attended the Porsche Picnic and the WCBF, my first two Boxster outings and thoroughly enjoyed both. I apparently wasn't a Babbler member when the last Frolic was held. If it's a go, count me in.
Old October 13th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #7
Tom M
Site Founder

Sorry if that came across like it was aimed at you

The intent was much more general and was an attempt to relay some of the background and, possibly, get a few people off their duffs.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #8
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

No problem... whatever it takes! Robyn, How many people expressed interest so far?
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #9
RobynC

Sorry I have been so slow to respond everyone, I am in training in LA all week. Currently there are five of us. I will leave it up to all of you on whether is is go/no go. We can do something in another month like a Bodega Bay drive or San Simeon...
Old October 14th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #10
Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynC
Currently there are five of us. I will leave it up to all of you on whether is is go/no go.
Robyn,

Five or fifteen, Michelle and I are in. Doesn't have to be a highly organized event to be fun. Perhaps we can just leverage the planning efforts you've already made and make it a little more informal and ad hoc.

Heck, just the drive, lunch venue, destination, scenery, and chance to schmooz with fellow Babblers makes it worthwhile for me

Thanks again for your efforts!

Barry
P.S. Let me know if you didn't get the email that I sent you today.

Last edited by Tom M; October 14th, 2004 at 09:05 PM.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups