Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 28th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #1
newt

paint chip repair

I have read the post (and it is quite excellent by the way) about how to perform paint chip repair using pencil erasers and little circles of very fine grit sandpaper, etc. The result looked excellent in the post, but I am not that mechanically inclined and am fearful that I will screw it up. I only have 5-6 very small, pebble sized paint chips thru the speed yellow paint, but not thru the white primer. Can someone suggest which tocuh up painter is best. I have seen the little paint pens and they look easy, but if someone out there has used this before I would love to hear about it before I try. Thanks.....
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

I've used Langka with decent results. It uses the factory touch-up paint (which you buy from the dealer) so you know the color will match.

Do one spot first so you can get the hang of it then you can do the rest.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #3
ChrisZang

I used Dr Color Chip http://www.drcolorchip.com/ they also advertise in the Porsche Panorama magazine.

The results are pretty decent, but don't expect any miracles.
If you look closely you see where you touched up but all the "white spots" will disappear. In summary I have to say I am quite satisfied.

And if I hadn't tipped over the bottle with the color I might also have been able to finish all chips on the front of the car, well at least now I have a "seal grey" garage floor
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman