Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 8th, 2001, 12:14 PM   #1
Tool Pants

Danny's new humps

Danny has the redesigned Porsche humps, and I was able to see them just out of the box and still in primer. From the outside they look just like the original humps I bought 2 years ago.

The new humps are very light. They hook onto the black trim on the clam shell like the original humps, but the "hook" part has changed and it is now covered in felt to avoid damage to the black trim. You can see the 2 "hooks" in the bottom pic.

Jeff

Old August 8th, 2001, 12:20 PM   #2
Tool Pants

The backside of the new humps

The 2 halves of the humps mate together with a molded in channel. On the old humps you had to bolt a metal channel to one half of the humps, and the other hump rested in the metal channel.

In the bottom pic you can see the 2 felt covered hooks on each half of the humps. You can also see a third thing that sticks up on each half. That is where those little rubber bumpers go.

Jeff

Old August 8th, 2001, 12:33 PM   #3
Tool Pants

The hardware

The new humps are still held down with lever locks, but the handles are made of plastic instead of metal, and the handles are not red. You can see both lever locks in both pics. You can also see the felt that covers the hooks for the clam shell. The padded bags to store the humps are also different than the original humps.

If you do not have a hard top, then you still need to install the inserts for the lever locks, like the original humps. Dan and I put one of the inserts in on Danny's car, and I'll post some pics on how to do this the right way.

The original humps had many clear protective stickers that you placed on the humps and roll bars to avoid damage to the paint. The only sticker I saw is the long and narrow one in the pic with 3M on the back. Since the instructions did not explain where this sticker went, we though it was for the roll bar.

Jeff

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman