Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM   #1
kat. (Santa Cruz)

FYI Re; Inaugural U.S. Sportscar Invitational Race

Hey...not sure if anyone is interested or if this is just an annoyance...but I thought I would pass it on. k.

LPR Mailing Members, I am forwarding this message from Tim Fleming, the Zone 7 chairman...
This information is also on the LPR website announcements page at http://www.pca.org/lpr Thanks, Greg LPR Webmaster

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 6:20 PM
Cc: 'trfleming@jps.net'
Subject: U.S. Sportscar Invitational

To Zone 7 Porsche Club members and leaders:

Sorry for the spam, but based on phone calls and e-mails I've received,there is a lot of interest in this event, and not much time to get information out to PCA members.... electronically works well, although posting to websites and inclusion in newsletters is respectfully requested as well.

We are pleased to announce the inaugural U.S. Sportscar invitational race, to be held October 4, 5, and 6, 2002 at the renowned Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca. This paid spectator event is designed to showcase some of the finest sports cars from both past eras and current technologies, with a very clear emphasis on Porsche, including two PCA club race groups. I've seen the entries and it looks to be a great race weekend.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (MRLS) has been the home to sports car racing for more than 45 years, and is recognized as one of the most challenging and prestigious racetracks in the country. In addition to two Porsche Club of America run groups, the line-up for the weekend will include Historic GTs and GTPs, and the Klub Sport Porsche Challenge (356's, 914's, and early 911's); the weekend will have a definite Porsche flavor.

We have 80 committed PCA entrants (plus families and crews), plus numerous other entrants for the various other classes, along with literally thousands of spectators at what promises to be a start in a new tradition of west coast sports car racing. Based on preliminary assessment of interest, it appears that this event will draw from the entire country. Additional activities for PCA will include a car corral, swap meet, and wash & shine concours.

Attached is an order form for tickets and corral passes, as well as information on the swap meet and corral. Race tickets can be ordered through Laguna Seca or PCA-Zone 7; PCA corral passes need to be ordered through Zone 7 as noted.

Further information on the swap meet: Gabe Szalay (Strasse USA) at sales@strasseusa.com. Phone no (805) 460-2565.

Further information on the swap meet: Ed Dugan at
ezd911sc@earthlink.net. Phone no (510) 889-6988.

Club Race registration is now full.........but you can call me for other information on this great event.

Please distribute this e-mail/attachment to any e-mail lists that you believe may be interested. Region Presidents: please send to your PCA region membership chairs as well; newer members might find this event of
interest.

Thanks!

>

Timothy R. Fleming
Zone 7 Representative

(916) 985-4142 home
(916) 381-9100 work

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman