Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 1st, 2003, 10:35 AM   #1
Anthony

ATTN: San Francisco Bay Area Boxster Owners..A Question for you..

I'm writing this post with the hope that you'll be able to help me out with my dilemma.

I've been searching Porsche magazines and online websites trying to find a place in the San Francisco bay area that deals with accessories for my boxster. I own a 2000 boxster in the arctic silver color. What I'm looking to do is customize it with some interior accessories. I can't seem to find a store or shop that deals with parts/accessories for customizing my boxster in my area.

I'm interested in purchasing the interior "arctic silver" pieces, some stainless steel door entry guards, and some clear headlights and backlights. In he "Excellence" porsche magazine there are numerous shops that offer these items but they are all in southern california!! I can't seem to find any in the bay area and I don't feel comfortable buying online (I like to actually see what I'm purchasing). Any suggestions? Do you know of anywhere where I can purchase these items? I don't want to go directly to porsche, we all know they are too expensive. I know that there are ways of getting tequipment items and accessories for my porsche cheaper...I just don't know where or how. Anybody out there who can help me?

I hope you can offer me some advice.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old March 3rd, 2003, 09:41 AM   #2
Tom S.

Suggestions

If you are looking for bargains on interior accessories, it is very difficult. LA's by-Design and Gemballa outlets are just as expensive, or more than Porsche dealers. At least you get a small discount as a PCA member. The Porsche gift certificate also helps. I have no problem going on line or mail order for items. Always ask for return policy. Use board sponsors and I seriously doubt you will have a problem.

Tom S.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Patrick

Boxster Accessories

I am in the process of during similar upgrades to my Boxster (painted interior pieces, metal pedals, etc.) In searching the web, there seems to be several options for every type of upgrade (different prices, styles) so for me, it's been difficult to make a choice. But I've decided the best route for the painted interior pieces is to have my existing pieces painted by a local shop or taking them to Paris Audio (thanks Robyn!) rather than buying them pre-painted. I think that you'll have more control over the final output that way. I don't know what you consider expensive and what your priorities are, but I think that most Porsche parts and accessories are going to be pricey. I plan on sticking to the larger companies or oneís that I hear are great to work with. D2 Performance, Suncoast and Paris Audio are great choices. Carnewal has great photos and has a good reputation, but the prices are higher that other websites. If you have the time/interest, do some web searching. I donít think that there are many local places to buy interior parts. When I had paint protection put on last week, the shop had a few interior parts (take-offs from prior work) that they were selling. Those pieces were not painted, but they told me that they could paint anything (sub-out the work). Iím sure that most body shops/accessory stores can do the same. Just find someone that you trust.

If you need more help, e-mail me and I'll do my best to share what I've learned. Iíll take photos as the projects are completed.

Good luck!
Old March 3rd, 2003, 11:25 AM   #4
Paulsha911

A couple other choices for painted pieces

1. Eric the plug guy. You can email him for prices. He is on the sponsors links.

2. Gemballa US has painted kits on eBay for around $750. You have to exchange you existing panels.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman