Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 6th, 2003, 05:34 PM   #1
RobynC

A couple of nice Porsche butts

Had a nice time at the PDE this morning, the weather got progressively better throughout the day.

The off road part of this was pretty intersting...I was impressed with how it handled on the short course. See pictures at below link.

The autocross course turned into more of a very small road course. It was hard to remember that one is in an suv when going around a few of those turns. And the thing does drift btw...pretty sweet. I drove the S twice, didn't feel the need to drive the turbo as I have already done so on the street. And if I buy one, it will be the S anyway.

Seat time was not enough, but lots of people. Porsche did a real nice job.

When I came out, this lovely GR Boxster S was parked next to me. Couldn't help but take a picture.

Cayenne PDE
Old September 8th, 2003, 09:30 AM   #2
Brian Eddy

Re: A couple of nice Porsche butts

I think thats mine - can't see the license plate, but I did make a decision to park beside the yellow 911 I spotted when I pulled in to the parking lot.

The drive was pretty impressive - hard to believe that it was an SUV.
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #3
RobynC

If your initials are BKE...then it was yours..

Beautiful car....what wax do you use on it?
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #4
Brian Eddy

Re: If your initials are BKE...then it was yours..

I just had it detailed at Diablo. Expensive, but it does look good.
Old September 8th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Great time at PDE...

We got there at 1:45 for our 2pm slot. Waits were about 20 minutes to do the off road and another 20 minutes to do the "high speed" course.

My wife was very reluctant to participate, other than from the back seat, but after some cajoling by the instructor, she got behind the wheel twice and although very nervous and making squeeking noises, she enjoyed it.

We had heard that an instructor got his vehicle stuck in the morning on the first hill, and sure enough as we were leaving, we noticed a Cayenne stuck and they had to use the tractor to pull it out.

I drove the Turbo on the track and it was a blast. Just punched it into the first corner and got up to about 75, up to the chicane. The only funky part was coming out of the hair pin turn - the car took awhile to engage - the instructor said that was the turbo.

Over all experience was a rush. Hill hold was nice. If I get one, it will be the S as well.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman