Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 14th, 2002, 07:41 PM   #1
Tool Pantsİ

The king of the over-revs - or you guys need to learn how to shift

The winner will get a free lesson in how to shift a manual transmission.

Andrew's 2000 S - manual trans. 34,300 in range 1, and 14 in range 2. Looks like his last over-rev happened on the drive over to Santa Cruz. But Andrew has had his engine replaced, so....

Sorry, but no pic for George's '98 with a tip. He had 20 in range 1, none in range 2. Steve B has a tip and had 0/0 at the last tech session, and I thought you could not over-rev a tip as the tip computer would shift b/f you hit the rev-limiter. How George got into the rev limiter with a tip is a mystery.

Ed S with a '98 - manual trans - is a very strange case. He has a -1 in range 1, and 253 in range 2. Yes, this is minus 1 - his engine ran backwards. Ed, NEVER ask if you can drive my car. I will let Ed tell you how he drives.

Kat knows how to shift, just 373 in range 1, and none in range 2, and she has a '97.

Thanks to Tim Benson for a very good time.

Old September 14th, 2002, 09:21 PM   #2
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

34k - holy toledo! *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman