Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 15th, 2002, 05:22 PM   #1
Tool Pants

The secret of the red clip

The end of the clip with the 2 lips faces up, or you will not get the extra 2.5 hp.

Some people I have spoken to say that the clip does not work, and each time I have found that they were not letting the alarm work.

When you push the button on the remote the infrared searches the interior for about 10 seconds, then about 10-20 seconds later the alarm system arms itself. If movement in the interior is detected during the first 10 or so seconds the motion detector will not arm itself as it thinks a passenger is inside. However, the rest of the alarm system will be armed, just not the motion detector. This is why with the top up and a passenger inside you are supposed to press the alarm button twice, so as not to arm the motion detector.

The first thing a new red clip owner does is to push the alarm button and start waiving a hand inside, and wonder why the motion detector is not working. Give it about a minute before you waive your hand.

If it still does not work you might have a questionable micro switch. Lower the top part way and put the clip on. Then see if the top will move. If it does then you have a bad micro switch and that is why the interior alarm is not working.

Now for the trivial. (1)The red clip comes with what 3 options? (2)In what country is the red clip not necessary just to enable the interior alarm?

Jeff
Old March 15th, 2002, 06:34 PM   #2
Ken R

Tonneau, humps, Roof transport system? *NM*

Old March 16th, 2002, 11:27 AM   #3
Catalog Guy

How can I tell....

if the alarm has been triggered? Is there some indication to inform me?

Andrew

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman