Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1
racegirl

Question Cracked Pagid pads!

After two autocross events and one track day, today I swapped the race pads out and put the Porsche OEM pads by Textor back. My race pads are Pagid Yellow in front and Pagid Black in rear. My street pads are Porsche OEM pads by Textor.

I noticed weird pattern at the surface of the Yellow pads (not on Black pads). I am attaching four pictures to illustrate.
1) resize_both.jpg: top row is Textor and bottom row is Pagid Yellow. The Textors look normal.
2) resized_left.jpg: close up of the pad for the left wheel
3) resized_right.jpg: close up of the pad for the right wheel
4) RDA_2488.jpg: side view showing how new the pad is!

Anybody's seen things like this before? The pattern looks like surface crack line that doesn't go too deep. There are also little chips along with the surface crack lines. I am not sure if I want to put them back for my next track/AX event... Please advise!
Attached Thumbnails
resized_both.jpg   resized_left.jpg   resized_right.jpg   RDA_2488.jpg  
Track setup: Toyo R888, Pagid pads: RS-29 yellow (front) & RS-14 black (rear)
racegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM   #2
ChrisZang

Hi T,

mine (Pagid Orange) look about the same

Christopher
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman