Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 25th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #1
triblackbox

Mechanic Recommendations in SF Area

Hi All,

Can someone please recommend a good Porsche mechanic in the SF area? My 2001 Boxster S is making a rattling sound that is loudest near the tailpipes.

THANKS!
triblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triblackbox
Can someone please recommend a good Porsche mechanic in the SF area? My 2001 Boxster S is making a rattling sound that is loudest near the tailpipes.
Have you already checked the Recommendations pages? How near to the SF area does the shop need to be?
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #3
triblackbox

Yes, but wanted to make sure I had as much input as possible. It just got out of warranty--before this I've always gone down to Kimo Claridge's. So I am willing to make a hike for the best possible service...any suggestions will be weicome--thanks
triblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #4
Tom M
Site Founder

If it *just* got out of warranty it might be worth it to have Claridge's deal with it. They might goodwill the repair. Can you describe the rattle a bot more? Is is like a loose plate? Loose change? Does it change with engine speed?
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #5
sharkster
Inactive

I think Kimo might well do that... he's a really good guy.
www.akkuratpgi.com
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman