Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old June 14th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #1
Larry Suglia

Trickle Charger

I am about to take delivery of a 2017 Cayman S. This will be a limited use, special occasion vehicle. Normally I keep my vehicles (classics) on trickle chargers which really extend battery life. I've been told that with the modern electronics, today, you have to use a special charger and if you disconnect the battery, you have all sorts of issues. Any guidance? Thanks, Larry
Larry Suglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Buy a Ctek battery maintainer (not a "trickle charger" but a true maintainer) and get the lighter plug adaptor (your car is set up to run a maintainer via the lighter plug in the dash).
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:39 AM   #3
ajalexxx

If you are a fan of 5v5 MOBA games, download Mobile Legends Bang Bang for PC! Best Mobile Legends guide, hacks and cheats here. Download game mobile legend Bang Bang for PC now!
ajalexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 06:51 AM   #4
hloo10

Another vote for Ctek with cigarette lighter plug. Using a Ctek MUS 4.3 for a 2016 981. Had an older Ctek 3300 which never lit up green on AGM batteries which the 981 had. The MUS 4.3 works great with AGM. Just run the wire under the door. Plenty of weather strip there. Use the plug under center console armrest or the one in center console near passenger footwell. Congrats on the new toy.
hloo10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
trickle chargers