Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 21st, 2001, 06:08 PM   #1
karlooz

remote/keyless entry q's

i recently bought a used '98 boxster from a used car dealer. it only came with the slim line key, no remote entry key (didn't do more homework). i assumed that all boxsters had remote entry and that all i needed to do was to order the part and get the key cut and programmed. so i went to Anderson Behel for this service. they checked it out and later informed me that it doesn't have the remote feature. can this be correct? can a car this expensive not have remote/keyless entry? granted, this boxster is as stock they come (no door speakers, no storage behind the roll bars, no options), but keyless entry should be standard.

what do you think?can this be true? do i have any alternatives?
Old November 21st, 2001, 06:30 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Welcome to the BABBLERS Board...

Carlos! You'll get help here!
Old November 21st, 2001, 08:01 PM   #3
Tool Pants

Here is the key

There are a few, very few, Boxsters in the US without the factory alarm system. Only seen one owned by Steve on our Mt. Diablo drive. No alarm, no speakers in the door (he added the ones in this pic), no amp in the trunk, no rear storage shelf (just the net). The only options he had was the 18" wheels.

Look at the sticker under the front hood where the options are listed. The option number for the alarm/remote entry is 535.

So you also have the no option car, which is why you have what you call the slim key. You will have to try the aftermarket for what you want, you will not be able to get the factory without spending more money than you paid for the car.

Live with it.

Jeff

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman