Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 1st, 2005, 07:05 PM   #1
mwsimmon

Remote Key Fob not working

The remote key fob for my 00 boxster is no longer working. I replaced the battery, and the led blinks rapidly when either button is pushed, but the car does not respond. Any ideas on this problem?
mwsimmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Does it behave the same with both keys?

You might try locking/unlocking the car manually once to see if that resets things.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:19 PM   #3
fourbarks

I've got the same problem with my '02, one went out and now the second is gone. I haven't had a chance to get it to the dealer yet.
fourbarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Peter S

Remote problems

I've had the same problem several times. On one occasion it was the remote that was shot and the dealer had to replace it. If, however the light is still flashing on the remote my experience is similar to Tom's which is that probably the car was locked manually and then needs to be unlocked manually to restore remote function. I don't know why the system won't work regardless of how the car was locked but manually unlocking it does seem to re-set the remote.
Peter S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #5
mwsimmon

One key is most likely broken and needs to be replaced, when depressing the button it blinks only very slowly (with a new batter). The other key blinks normally, but the car does not respond, when locked or unlocked, it doesn't respond. I guess I will take the car and keys to the dealership.
mwsimmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.