Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Mdreiver

Bad day. Whah!

I drove to Alameda in my new car for a bbq today. Parking was limited so I had to pick btwn parking under a tree or a pole. I chose the tree. Returned to find poop on the seat and my car wouldn't start. I had 1/12th of a tank when I turned off the car. Not sure how much I'll trust my guage anymore. Spilled gas all over the paint trying to fill from a portable can. Urgh. And then on the way home, hit an enormous pothole right after the 880 to 101S interchange. Be careful out there guys. The devil's gonna get tired of effing with me soon and then he'll come after you. [evil laugh]
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #2
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdreiver
I drove to Alameda in my new car for a bbq today. Parking was limited so I had to pick btwn parking under a tree or a pole. I chose the tree. Returned to find poop on the seat and my car wouldn't start. I had 1/12th of a tank when I turned off the car. Not sure how much I'll trust my guage anymore. Spilled gas all over the paint trying to fill from a portable can. Urgh. And then on the way home, hit an enormous pothole right after the 880 to 101S interchange. Be careful out there guys. The devil's gonna get tired of effing with me soon and then he'll come after you. [evil laugh]
You're a brave man for parking with the top down, and I think you're lucky the poop was on the seat. My fear for almost always putting my top up while parking is that it'll fall - getting the most surface... down some side, into crevasses, and be a total nightmare to clean.

Speaking of bad days - weather's nice, car is washed... and the driver seat won't move forward (I was rubbing the side of the seat and messing up the leatherette getting in and out with the seat in the driving position, so I move it back to get in/out, and then move to driving position).

And of course, it happens on the first day of the long weekend. Fuse looks good - so I think it's bimmer-time for the weekend.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:38 AM   #3
baxter

on the day i picked up my new boxster from the dealer, as we were standing beside the car and my salesman was doing his delivery thing, a bird had the audacity to poop on the drivers seat. i can't park with the top down. it would drive me crazy.
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #4
blinkwatt

I always leave my top down,even when I run into a store to buy something. Not once has a bird popped on my interoir,it's gotten close though. One time I left the windows up and when I came back out I had poop on the outside of the window,would have hit the interoir if not for the windows.

01' 986 S Orient Red Metallic, 6-spd, clear lights(w/ xenon)
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #5
Mdreiver

Keep in mind, my car is not as nice as yours. It's more fun, but not as nice.

The only leather in the whole car is on the edge of the seats. The centers are alcantara and the rest is plastic. Also, the top is a lot harder to put on. Plus, I've had my share of garage queens and obsessive car relationships. I'm really a different person with this one. It was a piece of cake to wipe the poop off the leather. I'll clean the seats with leather conditioner tomorrow. And eventually, all leather seats look like crap after a few years anyway. But seats can be replaced and I might not even have the car long enough to need to ever replace them.

Also, when you have a car that requires $13k of bodywork if someone taps the bumper at 2mph, you get a new perspective on what to worry about. hehe.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #6
akif

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by akif
... and the driver seat won't move forward

And of course, it happens on the first day of the long weekend. Fuse looks good - so I think it's bimmer-time for the weekend.
Turned out it needed a ECU reboot (must have Windows running on it ). Service tech pulled out the ECU fuse, and put it back. (I don't remember the exact sequence, but he turned the ignition on at some point as well). The result was a moving seat, and PSM, PASM failures. The latter two disappeared as I started driving.

Back in business again.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM   #7
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akif
Turned out it needed a ECU reboot (must have Windows running on it ). Service tech pulled out the ECU fuse, and put it back. (I don't remember the exact sequence, but he turned the ignition on at some point as well). The result was a moving seat, and PSM, PASM failures. The latter two disappeared as I started driving.

Back in business again.
Stinking computers.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.