Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

View Poll Results: Wrench OR Drive this Sat. (07/12)
Go for an early drive and then brunch/lunch/picnic 10 71.43%
Work on cars 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #11
Gerry

another one that I'm gonna missed

I'll be @ the lake this weekend..polluting the water with 2 Sea Doo's...hehehehe! I'm not going to say where coz' you guys might report me...hahahahaha!

well, have fun this weekend and Dede..I'm this close to see you guys last weekend @ Tahoe...glad you made it back

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #12
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
another one that I'm gonna missed

I'll be @ the lake this weekend..polluting the water with 2 Sea Doo's...hehehehe! I'm not going to say where coz' you guys might report me...hahahahaha!

well, have fun this weekend and Dede..I'm this close to see you guys last weekend @ Tahoe...glad you made it back
Gerry, that was really close! maybe next time, we had a blast on the lake. Have plans to go up there in 2009 and 2010 at our timeshare. I will keep you posted!
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #13
Gerry

cool...I guess Elena and I will be sharing room with you guys coz I just sold my timeshare a lil less for whats' the value..hehehehehe! cleaning up my checkbook and getting rid of all the excess baggages

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #14
Gerry

i voted coz' I know in spirit, I'm there
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #15
The Voxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes View Post
I am still working on whether or not I would attend, since we just back from Tahoe. I haven't even detailed/washed my car yet from the vacation. I will let you know asap.
BTW, I think you might find Mt. Ham a bit on the "Hot" side. I was up there about a month ago and down the backside into Livermore area. At that time of the year it was very hot with the top down. Maybe a drive up Skyline to Half Moon Bay for lunch might be a consideration. I would say the ocean would be a natural air conditioner. Or some winery's in the Los Gatos mountains. Just my 2 cents.
P.S. Last time Trent and I drove Mt. Hamilton last summer, it WAS bloody hot, but more than that, we turned back because the road was so rough. Not sure if they've repaved it since, but that's a consideration for me EVER driving it until they get the road surface fixed.

Hear The Future
The Voxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #16
dedes

Kev & I are considering going on Saturday. Maybe the first meeting place would be Santana Row in San Jose (map) and the next meeting point to pick up any Northern Peninsula folks would be at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline or Page Mill Road/280 exit (that's if you go straight up I-280 from Santana). I was on Page Mill Road about a month ago, great paved twisty road. Just a suggestion.
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #17
bigb

Final Details

So, the "Drive" is the big winner - taking 3/4th of the vote (including Gerry's "in spirit" one ).

1st Meeting Point: Santana Row at 9am. Departing at 9.30am. Route: 280-Page Mill Rd-35 to Alice's; OR, 9-35. Decide at the venue.
2nd Meeting Point: Alice's Restaurant on Skyline at 10.30am. Departing at 10.45am. Route: 84-1N.
Lunch Venue: Sam's Chowder House (4210 North Cabrillo Highway, Half Moon Bay. 650.712.0245). Arriving at 11.30am, just beating the lunch rush

Here is a tentative route link (please ignore the various 'destinations' along the way):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.683899&z=11

Thanks a bunch Dede & Tom for all the excellent suggestions/PMs!
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #18
dedes

BigB

Just a bit of info

From Alice's Resturant

...going down La Honda Road (West) to San Gregorio (store & rest stop)

you can take Stage Coach Road going north then go north on Hwy 1 to Sam's Chowder House or whatever you choose.
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #19
dedes

looks like 3 people have signed up for "work on your car" on Saturday.
they could have their own group too!
how about it?
Old July 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #20
george g

Carol and I will meet you at Alices. Actually it will be easier to gather across the street at the larger parking lot. It won't take long to reach the lunch destination because you will be on Hiway 1 all the way. Some alternate roads are 84 to Stage Rd at San Gregario, Hiway 1 to Tunitas Creek to Verde to Purisima to Half Moon Bay to lunch wherever. You need a different map. Just an idea.

George
george g is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk