Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:34 AM   #1
Tom Pansa (SJ,CA)

Current Pricing Expectations ?(long)

This is my first post on this board.

I've been spending time here and on the 986board for the last couple of months educating myself about owners likes/dislikes and options in preparation for ordering a car.

I'm now "the list" at a Bay area dealership, waiting for the next open allocation for an S/Tip probably a September build.

I wasn't too impressed by the salesperson we had.
... he struck me a a bored order taker. The car will primarily be my wifes daily driver & if she wasn't already pre-sold on the car (a friend had taken her out for a back roads demo in his S the day before) and wanted to order it NOW!, I would have left without leaving a deposit.

When I asked about what "flexibility" they had with pricing, the salesperson responded with a comment like "we don't discount. We sell all we can get at sticker and by-the-way, we are sold out thru the July build schedule and August is a shutdown month so you're looking at September build"

I expect to sit down and actually place an order in the next few weeks and would like to hear about any recent CA shopping experiences (Southern Cal is ok too). I've seen posts on the other board that would suggest that in some parts of the country $2k off sticker for an ordered car is not unreasonable (I'm estimating that sticker will be mid 60's w/$8k dealer margin per Edmunds), and I thought that perhaps the cooling economy would encourage some price concessions.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly
appreciated. Hope to offially join the group sometime in the fall.

Thanks

Tom Pansa
Old May 17th, 2001, 11:10 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Re: Current Pricing Expectations ?(long)

Hi Tom, welcome to the BABBLERS Board! We hope you and your wife will join us on some drives/events - it'll be great to meet you both.

There are discounts available. I'll send you an e-mail with some suggestions on how to get better pricing and better service from a salesperson.

Good luck!
Old May 17th, 2001, 11:24 AM   #3
Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Strongly recommend Beverly Hills Porsche

Contact Tina Todd at Bev Hills Porsche. She is BY FAR one of the three best dealers in the country, and unquestionably the best on the west coast.

Her email is porschelady@mediaone.net

Her allocation is second to none, but most importantly she truly understands customer service and value. I flew down to LA twice to buy my Boxster and would do it again in a heartbeat.

She has many satisfied customers here in the Bay Area. People have even flown down from Oregon to buy from her.

That's my recommendation.
Old May 17th, 2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Greg

Try Autobytel... (dot com). They put me in touch with anderson biehl in san jose and I got the car I wanted at $1000 under invoice. Not THE deal, but I got the car I wanted (almost no options - quite rare) without waiting till september...
Old May 17th, 2001, 03:38 PM   #5
VS Dude (Val)

Ditto the above comment on Beverly Hills Porsche. Tina placed my order in January for a late April delivery. My car arrived at the end of March! Great service!
Old May 17th, 2001, 04:16 PM   #6
Joe G

It's tough to get discounts on Boxsters in the Bay Area, particularly if you want to order one to spec.

I'd try Al Ashtari at Negherbon Porsche in Oakland. I've bought two Boxsters from him and gotten both of them months earlier than with other dealers in the Bay Area. Also, Al is a great guy to work with.

Joe G
Old May 17th, 2001, 04:43 PM   #7
Gary (Camarillo)

Current Inventory

Three popular dealers who can help you come to mind. All are generally recommended, and support the Boxster community. BH Porsche, already mentioned. Niello Porsche in Sacramento (great website to view inventory and cars - talk to Jonathan Beitz), and SunCoast Porsche in Florida. Don't let Florida scare you away, they are big supports of the Boxster community. You can visit their website at www.porschesales.com. They have several S Tips in stock. Talk to the Sls Mgr, Bill Hodges.

Good luck.

Gary (Camarillo)
'00 GR/SB/BLK

No affiliation with any dealership
Old May 17th, 2001, 08:28 PM   #8
Tool Pants

Greg, another few options car?

You will have to beat Steve. "18 wheels and AR paint. Just 2 options.

No windstop, no alarm, no speakers in the door, no cruise, no amp, nothing. He did add the windstop after delivery.

Pic of Steve's car at the Mt. Diablo run.

Jeff

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:20 PM   #9
Armando Nieto

Re: Strongly recommend Beverly Hills Porsche

I strongly agree with Brian. I picked up my S from TIna not even a month ago. Flew down from SF and drove it home. While I was there I noticed she had several Boxsters/S's on the lot for sale. Alot of canceled orders (mine was an order cancellation). Her service was great and I would buy from her again in a heartbeat. I recieved a discount off of list.

Armando

01 S SG/BLK/BLK
Old May 18th, 2001, 09:55 AM   #10
Greg

Re: Greg, another few options car?

>You will have to beat Steve. "18 wheels and AR paint. Just 2 options. He did add the windstop after delivery.

Well, then I got Steve beat ;-) Just 2 options: Viola metallic and 17" wheels, but no windstop yet... If it had been my choice, I'd have ordered the car with a non option paint and M030 instead, but that's it... Couldn't wait for delivery though... I suppose my car is one of the lightest, now... ;-)

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman