Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:56 AM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Huge event this weekend at California Speedway in Fontana (SoCal)

The San Diego Region of PCA is putting on a huge event this weekend at California Speedway in Fontana. Friday and Saturday there will be a DE event, followed by a Club Race on Sunday. I will be instructing and driving a friend's 996 at the DE event, and I wanted to let you know that there are still some spots open at the DE for participants and instructors. They are using the entire course, which is the infield combined with a good portion of the oval, so it should be an incredible circuit.

All types of cars are welcome, but there are two very important requirements (remember, this is NOT a TracQuest event):

1) You must have at least 4 track days of experience; and
2) You must have 5 point harnesses and a fire extinguisher in your car.

Also, if you have a convertible, a roll bar is required.

If you'd like more info, go to the San Diego Region's web site at www.pcasdr.org and/or email Vince Knauf, the coordinator for the DE, at vvvince@aol.com. If you sign up, make sure to note that you heard about it through TracQuest. It won't get you a discount, but groups like to know from where their people are originating. Also, if you participate, make sure you find me to say hello. I'll be driving Robert Baizer's 996, which will be number 176. My 996 Cab should also be parked somewhere in the paddock nearby, but I can't run it because it doesn't have 5 point belts or a fixed roll bar.

I hope to see some of you there!

Todd Serota
tserota@tracquest.com (high speed driver education)
tserota@vinoquest.com (wine business)
tserota@adelphia.net (law firm and home)
www.tracquest.com (TracQuest web site)
www.tracquest.com/deboard (TracQuest message board)
www.vinoquest.com (VinoQuest web site)

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman