Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old November 13th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #1
dedes

Arrow 36th ROLEX MONTEREY HISTORIC AUTOMOBILE RACES Porsche to be featured Marquee

just a thought...........

Be sure to purchase your tickets early!!

Porsche to be featured Marquee.

"With great cars from the early 356 Speedsters and Spyders, to the 917's, this event will be an auto enthusiasts dream to see these vehicles on the track."
If you're a Porsche nut, I would highly recommend that you start making plans for next August.

I have posted this event on Babblers Calendar for August 2009. Hope you all join in on the fun. I purchased my tickets for the 2-Day Admission & Paddock (Sat/Sun) - Historics.

36th ROLEX MONTEREY HISTORIC AUTOMOBILE RACES

Porsche to be featured Marquee

The 36th annual running of the world-famous races will take place on August 14-16, 2009 and each year, a featured marque is chosen to commemorate the event. This annual celebration of a specific manufacturer has intrigued thousands of compassionate enthusiasts from around the world. In 2009, the featured marque will be Porsche.

"Porsche won the Can-Am Championship here in 1972 and 1973 with one of the most iconic sports racing cars of all time," said Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. "The 917 was known for its high speeds and high horsepower outputs and raced successfully here at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca."

"We are extremely excited to honor Porsche and its incredible racing heritage at the 36th Rolex Monterey Historic," said Steve Earle, founder of the event and president of General Racing. "With great cars from the early 356 Speedsters and Spyders, to the 917's, this event will be an auto enthusiasts dream and we look forward to seeing these vehicles on the track." (MORE)

Click HERE for tickets

For more track day information at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca please click HERE.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #2
clemsonc

We are going as a group? or setup a Porsche Babblers Corral?
I will like to go. I love historic race cars.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/...c291d27b_m.jpg
Clemson's Boxster Blog

StreetBox (1999 Boxster 2.5L, Bilstein Sport, H&R Springs, Hardtop, SPORTECH Muffler)
SpecBox (1997 Boxster 2.5L)
clemsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #3
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonc View Post
We are going as a group? or setup a Porsche Babblers Corral?
I will like to go. I love historic race cars.
If there is enough interest, yes we all could get together as a group at the track.
If anyone is planning on staying a Friday or Saturday night in Monterey, I would book your hotel ASAP. Hotels go fast!!
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk