Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Jesse J. Williams

Intro/ Seeking Advice

Hello to all and glad to have found this forum. Topics are very interesting and informative! Recently aquired 2003 Seal Grey Boxster w/ 8600 miles. 3M Clear Bra was applied the first week and I have purchased a Kenwood DNX-7120 DVD/GPS unit to have installed. Any advice as to best site(s) to advertise the factory head unit and Harmon Kardon 5-ch amplifier(new)? Secondly, has anyone had any issues w/ the Fabspeed cat-back exhaust system, 2.7 or 3.2? And finally, looking to possible replace 18" Carrera wheels with '05 and newer OEM 5 spoke 19' wheels. Anyone attempted this before or know if this application will work going to the '03? (bolt pattern, offset.) Thanks so much for any input/information anyone might render. - JW
Jesse J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2
RaisedOnPorsches

Take a look at www.renntech.com, www.ppbb.com, and http://boxster.wikia.com/. There are lots of decent links, DYI guides, and so forth to be found there. I think you'll find your answers about the wheels there. PPBB probably has a thread or two discussing fabspeed (and other after market brand) exhaust systems. As for selling things the first two cites mentioned have decent classifieds sections. There is always craigslist and ebay as well.

Best of luck information hunting and welcome to the boxster community!

-J
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Snaxster

Hello, JW. Welcome, and congratulations on your Boxster!

For Fabspeed application information, see these two at The Cayman Club:

Fabspeed articles

Cayman Modifications forum

And for my own two cents on aftermarket exhausts on the base Boxster for street use, see this thread:

It was perfect from the start: I reverted to the stock exhaust on my 2.7l 987 Boxster

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Snaxster
Snaxster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman