Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM   #1
boxster4forty

Airbag warning light

Same problem, different day...

Anyone out there ever replaced the ground wire and seatbelt assembly/clip necessary to alleviate the problem of the Airbag warning light staying on? If so, can you please share? If done at the dealer, the estimates are coming in between $900 - $1100.

Thanks.
boxster4forty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

I think there may be a TSB on this over at renntech.org. Unless someone already has a copy of it they're willing to share you'll need to become a subscriber to see the TSB's.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 02:55 PM   #3
RAYMAN1911

That's about right. I had mine replaced at claridges fremont.

However, they did cut me a deal after I inquired to have a 3 spoke steering wheel installed total was about $1600
RAYMAN1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Loren

If you read the code with a PST2 it will tell you which seat belt (driver or passenger side). Tariq got lucky - my PST2 said it was the drivers side seat belt buckle so we replaced just that one and he hasn't seen an airbag light since (about 2 weeks). The TSB says each side takes about 1.5 hours so a dealer quote of 3 hours would be about right. The seat has to come out, then the connectors have to be changed and the ground re-crimped and soldered.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman